Learn How to Check Medical Insurance Status with Emirates ID
Follow the steps given below to check the medical insurance status using your emirates ID: –
- Just visit the official website of the Federal Identity and Citizenship Authority
- Find the Emirates ID details and enter your Emirates ID number in the column provided.
- Click submit button to check the available details of your Emirates ID.
In the UAE, residents can easily present their Emirates ID as a health insurance card and avail all the benefits in a hospital or clinic. Make sure that your medical insurance policy is linked with your Emirates ID. Residents can also check their health insurance status with the Emirates ID. It is also helpful when people want to find out the network of coverage of their health insurance providers.
Ever since 2017 UAE’s health insurance providers have been linking their policies to Emirates ID of customers. Hospitals and clinics also provide this service to make it easy for people to check their medical insurance status. This decision was taken by the government of the UAE in order to digitize services. In Dubai and Abu Dhabi, health insurance is mandatory for all residents and citizens with a valid visa issued by the Emirates. This means the Emirates ID application process across Dubai and Abu Dhabi will also contain the provision of valid health insurance.
Medical insurance providers all over the UAE have been well-trained to check medical insurance status by using the Emirates ID number via a safe and secure online platform. This advanced online platform basically matches the number with the profile of the member on the database of Daman. Also, such checks can be made by using the member’s card number.
What is an Emirates ID?
Emirates ID is the UAE government issued identity card. The Emirates ID is issued by Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship and is a legal requirement for all UAE residents and citizens, including new born babies. The aim of this card is to protect an individual’s identity and it also facilitates identification and verification as per international standards.
The Emirates ID is used: –
- To get government services
- To vote in the elections of Federal National Council
- As a travel document for UAE citizens to travel within the GCC
- As a document to pass immigration through the eGates and smart gates at several airports in the UAE.
Emirates ID Card Features
It consists of the following components which provide apex accuracy and security. The components are –
- Identification number
The identity card is featured for its identification number known as the identity number which sticks with its holder forever. Using this number the holder can benefit from all government, non-government, and certain private entity services which require an identity card to access their services.
- Electronic ship
It contains personal data of the holder. This data can be read by a machine built for this purpose and authenticate the user’s credentials. Some of these data are encrypted and only readable/writable/updatable by the authorized authorities in order to protect the privacy of data.
- Other technologies
The identity card has state of the art technology in the field of smart cards, including the accurate letters, ultra violet ink and line drawing. It has nine security features which makes falsification of the card very difficult because such features exceed the current used standards in many cards such as the banking credit cards.
Which medical insurance providers can help?
Across the UAE all leading medical insurance service providers are involved in the initiative. Some of the biggest names in the industry are –
- Noor Takaful
- Dar Al Takaful
- Takaful Emarat
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA), Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD), and the Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA), Health care services of Armed Forces & Pure Health are all part of this major initiative. The aim is to enhance healthcare services and help customers with ease and convenience. The database that’s linked to this platform will assist in –
- Assessing performance
- Ensuring seamless flow of digital information
- Give citizens and residents the freedom to carry just one card
- Automate the entire healthcare system
- Keep medical records for patients in one place
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How can I check the details of my Emirates ID?
It is really simple to check the details of your Emirates ID. Follow these steps –
- Visit the official website of Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship
- Locate the portal for Emirates ID details and enter your Emirates ID.
- Click on submit and get all the required details in a few seconds.
- Is my health insurance plan linked to my Emirates ID?
Emirates ID is used as a form of identification when buying an insurance plan. The recent change by the UAE government related to health insurance allows a person to avail of health insurance services using Emirates ID. This means that your health insurance plan is linked to your Emirates ID number.
- What is the cost of getting an Emirates ID?
The cost of Emirates ID depends on the validity span of the card and the status of the applicant. For example, Emirates ID with a validity of 1 year can be made in AED 100 for expatriates.
- How can I check the complete coverage of my health insurance plan?
You can check the details of your medical insurance plan by using the medical insurance card number or your Emirates ID. Just visit the official website of the medical insurance service provider, find the portal for existing customers, log into your account, and get all the details.
- What are the documents required for getting an Emirates ID?
The documents needed for getting an Emirates ID include the following.
For expats –
- Original passport of the applicant
- Original visa of the applicant
- Proof of birth with colored photograph
For UAE Nationals –
- Original passport and family book providing lineage
For GCC Nationals –
- Any document proof stating residence as GCC nationals
Originally published Nov 09, 2022 15:06:25 PM, updated Nov 10, 2022