Guidelines On Car Insurance Coverages Available In UAE
Let’s start by understanding what is car insurance and types of car insurance.
What is car insurance?
Car insurance is a contract between the policyholder and the insurance company to provide compensation in case of damage or accident. It is a way to provide protection to you and those who drive on the road. Car insurance coverage in the UAE varies with the type of insurance you choose. You can also get different add-on covers at an extra cost to make your policy more beneficial. Whether you have a fleet of cars (as part of an organization) or an individual car, getting car insurance is mandatory by law in the UAE.
Types of car insurance
There are two types of car insurance that you can check out –
- Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive Coverage provides for damages to third-parties as well as you in case of a damage claim. Comparatively, it covers most aspects of insurance but you can opt for additional features for a more robust coverage. Of course, this will increase your premium but will provide better protection.
- Third-party liability car insurance
It insures against damages and injuries caused to a third-party in an accident that was your fault. It does not cover for any damages that you or your vehicle sustained. Third-Party Cover is preferable for those who have an excellent driving history with no claims in the past.
Best car insurance providers in the UAE
Here’s the list of the best car insurance companies that you can consider to buy car insurance for your vehicle –
- AXA Car Insurance
- QIC Car Insurance
- Oriental Car Insurance
- Al Fujairah National Insurance Company
- Oman Insurance
- Al Sagr Insurance
- ADNIC Car Insurance
- Salama Car Insurance
- Adamjee Insurance
- Noor Takaful Insurance
- Clements Worldwide
- Dar Al Takaful
- Methaq Takaful Insurance Company
- Sukoon Car Insurance
- Tokio Marine Insurance
- Abu Dhabi National Takaful Company
- RSA Insurance
Documents needed for car insurance
These are the following documents that you need for car insurance in the UAE –
- Passport or Emirates ID
- Passport sized photos
- Driving license
- Pollution test certificate
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Resident visa (in case you are an expat)
Car insurance covers
Car insurance inclusions
The following services are covered in a comprehensive car insurance policy –
- On-Site Assistance – In case your vehicle breaks down or is damaged the car insurance provider will reimburse you the cost of repair.
- Assistance with Towing – Cars that need to be towed to a workshop will be provided with the service.
- Crane Assistance – In case your damaged vehicle needs to be extracted and removed from the site of a collision.
- Flat Tyre Assistance – In case of a flat tyre, you will be assisted without any cost.
- Dead Battery – If your battery dies in the middle of the road and you need to jump-start your engine, assistance will be provided to you.
- Lost or Locked Keys – In case you lose keys, or your keys are locked up in the car roadside assistance will be provided to you.
- Fueling Up – Imagine running out of gas in the middle of nowhere. Insurance policies come to help you out in this situation.
Car insurance exclusions
Certain circumstances are considered exclusions for your car insurance policy. These are –
- Driving without a license
- Driving under the influence
- Overloading the vehicle beyond specified capacity
- Withholding or intentionally providing misleading information
- Intentionally damaging the car by initiating an accident
- Using the vehicle for any purpose other than that mentioned expressly in the insurance policy
- Filling a claim three years after the fact
Tips to get cheap car insurance online
With so many insurance providers and plans available, it might get a little daunting to select the best ones. Make sure that you know your requirements and find a car insurance plan that aligns with it. In the quest of finding cheap car insurance in UAE, don’t compromise with the specifications and covers that the policy offers.
- Here are some tips to select cheap and affordable car insurance policies in the UAE –
- Get awareness of the car insurance companies currently offering car insurance in the UAE market.
- Get an understanding of the types of car insurance, including comprehensive car insurance cover and third-party car insurance.
- Compare different plans from car insurance providers to see the variation in inclusions and exclusions.
- You can also visit www.buyanyinsurance.ae to know about different car insurance plans and compare prices online. Get to know how car insurance premium is calculated and what amount you would have to pay.
- After proper research select the car insurance service provider and ask them for bonus or discounts applicable, if any.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is car insurance mandatory in the UAE?
Yes, getting car insurance is mandatory in the UAE. If you are caught without a valid insurance, you’ll be fined heavily and may also get black points.
- Does car insurance for the military have military discounts?
It depends upon the company providing the car insurance. Geico, Liberty Mutual, and Farmers are some of the companies offering a military discount on car insurance.
- Can I buy car insurance for just 3 days?
Although there are certain companies that offer car insurance for a short duration, the minimum duration has to be at least 28 days. So, you would not be able to purchase car insurance for just 3 days.
- Does Dubai and other cities in the UAE offer insurance for Uber drivers?
Yes! All you need to get car insurance as an Uber driver in Dubai is Driver license, private vehicle registration, valid vehicle insurance and other important documents.
- How to get best car insurance quotes in the UAE?
To get the best car insurance quotes in the UAE online, visit www.buyanyinsurance.ae
It is the one stop solution for all your insurance related needs. You can easily compare different plans and choose one that’s most suitable for you based on your requirements and budget.
- What is no claim bonus?
No Claim Bonus is a certificate proving that you have spent some years without making a claim. You will need to ask your previous insurance company to provide you with an NCD if you change your insurance company.
- Is car insurance for new drivers higher than for experienced drivers?
Car insurance for new drivers is a bit high compared to the experienced ones. Because they are in the learning phase and the probability of getting an accident is higher. So, insurance companies usually charge higher premiums to such clients.
What Are The Essential Documents Required For Car Insurance?
List of Best Car Insurance Companies in Dubai and the UAE
How to renew vehicle registration in Abu Dhabi?
What To Do When Your Motor Insurance Expires?
Originally published Jul 31, 2019 16:46:46 PM, updated Jan 20, 2023